Bloem City Blazers, the team from Bloemfontein taking part in the inaugural T20 Global League tournament says the team remains committed to the league despite postponement.
The tournament was scheduled to start on November 3, however, Cricket South Africa (CSA) announced that the competition had been postponed to November 28 next year.
CSA said that this was a measure to prevent a potential financial loss of about R328m which could have been endured if the competition proceeded as planned.
“We remain committed to the T20 Global League as we were three months ago. We will be working towards the first edition scheduled for November 2018 with renewed vigour and enthusiasm,” said Bloem City Blazers owner Sushil Kumar.
“The news of the postponement of the T20 Global League has evoked a set of mixed feelings for us. On one hand, there is a sense of disappointment. We, along with our fans, were looking forward to the tournament and our preparations were going ahead at full steam and taking promising shape,” he added.
Kumar added that this has also been a relief for the team to focus on other pressing matters that they are faced with.
“We will now have time to have clarity on broadcast and sponsorship rights which have not been confirmed.”
Kumar said that he appreciated the transparency and honesty expressed by Cricket South Africa in this matter.